"An initiative of Govt. of India under the Nirbhaya funds scheme for ensuring safety of women and children"
Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) is a Pan-India single number (112) based emergency response system for citizens in emergencies. Each States/Union Territory is required to designate a dedicated Emergency Response Centre (ERC) to handle emergency requests. If you require emergency assistance from Police, Fire or Health departments or from any other services, you may:
- Dial 112 from your phone;
- Press power button on your smart phone 3 times in quick succession to activate Panic call;
- Long press ‘5’ or ‘9’ key on your feature phone to activate Panic call;
- Log-on to State ERSS website and place your SOS request;
- Email SOS alert to Emergency Response Centre in the State .
- Use 112 India mobile app (available in Google Playstore and Apple store) to activate a panic call.
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY FACILITY.
USERS ARE ADVISED TO USE THIS SERVICE CAREFULLY.